Does it frustrate you when you try on pair after pair of jeans and nothing looks right?
Well, you’re not the only one. It’s very confusing, and where do you start? There are so many different styles and they vary from one store to the next.
What do you choose – high-rise, mid-rise, low-rise, super skinny, skinny, flared, boot-leg or straight? I bet you’re really confused now.
I’ve been out and about doing the ‘leg’ work trying on different styles and colours. Hopefully this will make your search for the perfect pair of jeans a bit easier for you.
Are you a Petite Build ?
If you are then –
- go for a pair that lengthens your leg
- avoid anything that is loose and baggy
- the high-rise jeans will create the illusion of a longer body and highlight your curves.
- A pair of heels does wonders.
Small waist and well-balanced body shape?
Lucky you, you have a choice –
- Try a pair of high-rise jeans. This style pulls the tummy in and highlights your curves.
- You can wear skinny jeans which are great for layering your garments during the colder months.
- Wide legged jeans which will skim over the thigh area and highlight your waist.
- Try tucking your top in and add a belt which will define your waist.
If you carry your weight in your hip, bottom and thigh area –
- Try the mid-rise or the high- rise
- Avoid the super high waisted and low waisted jeans.
- Go for a relaxed skinny pair teamed with a pair of boots.
- Jeans with a slight flare. Team them up with a pair of heels which will give a longer and leaner look.
- If flats is your choice go for a pointy pair instead of the round toe.
For the curvy girls
who are round in the tummy and fuller in the bust-
- Try the mid-rise or the low- rise.
- Sit down in the dressing room and see which is most comfortable.
- If you have a flat bottom go for detailed pockets
- If you feel your bottom is too curvy avoid any detail or contrast stitching on the pockets.
For the tall, lean, long-legged girls
Trends come and go.
Distressed denim is a current trend. Just be careful where the fading and tears sit, as they will draw attention and emphasize those parts of your body.
I feel a pair of dark indigo denim jeans is stylish and dateless as they can be transformed from day to night.
Ladies don’t focus on the sizes as they vary from store to store. I have different 3 pairs of jeans in three different sizes and all are the same fit!
Hopefully I have armed you with some handy hints which will lead to the perfect pair of jeans for your body shape. Go out and have fun trying on jeans.