The sales seem to have started early this year both online and in store. This is good news if you are looking to add some pieces to your wardrobe but don’t be tempted to purchase something you don’t need or don’t really love, just because it’s cheap. I see this happen often, and the garments hardly get worn, then end up in the donation bag. Impulse buying can become costly.
I love a good sale and try not to pay full price - ever. When I am searching for garments for my clients, I try to source good quality garments at a fair price.
I want to share with you what I look for at the Winter sales, and note that it is always quality over quantity.
1. Top of my list is a pair of good leather boots. I have had some of my boots for over 15 years. I’ve had them reheeled and they still look great. This year I’m keeping an eye out for a pair of chocolate brown knee highs, and hopefully they come down to a price I’m prepared to pay.
3. Well-fitting jeans. Do you like my recent purchase, they are a bit of fun?
4. A classic blazer that can be worn with jeans, pants or a dress.
7. Remember a scarf is worn close to your face so choose a colour that suits your skin tone.
Ladies remember, we all have different styles and different lifestyles. Go through your wardrobe and have a look at what may need to be replaced. Make a list of what you may need to complete your outfits. And what you’d just like for the sake of it.
Before purchasing a new garment ask yourself the following:
- Is it a perfect fit or does it need to be altered?
- Do I already have something similar?
- How am I going to wear it?
- How many different ways can I style it? (I like to style a garment at least 3 different ways.)
Have fun shopping at the sales.
If it’s all too confusing and frustrating, book an All About Style personal shopping trip and I will do all the leg work for you, without the emotion.